Mission statements and Objective:
INSTITUTION’S MISSION AND PURPOSES
Our schools mission and purposes is to provide quality instruction which will prepare students to pass the State Board of Cosmetology Examination for their course of study. Instruction is tailored to prepare all students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the exam, and to be ready for immediate entry into the profession.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
This course covers the overall subject of Barber, hairstyling. Successful completion of this course and pass the State Board Examination and Licensure allow the Barber to be a hair stylists, hair colorist, chemical applicators, specialist for man facial, shaving, salon owner, salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator.
BARBER COURSE EDUCATION OBJECTIVE
The Barber course of study is designed to provide students with the basic skills and knowledge required to pass the State Board licensing examination. Students are also prepared for entry level positions in the Beauty Industry in such occupations as a hair stylist, hair colorists, chemical applicators, specialist for man facial, shaving, salon owner, salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator.
Our Barbering program features:
1. Haircut for Men: classic men haircuts, tight fade, low fade, tappers, and hair designs using scissors, clippers, and razors
2. Haircut for Women (optional)
3. Chemicals: colors, highlights, hair straightening, perm
4. Hair styling: blow-drying, braiding, wet set
5. Facial: facial relaxing and treatment
6. Shaving and Beard Design
7. Sanitization, Safety, and Customer Protection
8. State Board Rules, and Regulations
9. Salon Management: salon service, retailing, add-on service, advertising, running businesses
10. Training for State Board of California License and Advance Salon Techniques
Course Length: 1,500 hours
Technical Instruction: Students are taught in a classroom setting with instructors demonstrating and lecturing. Students study textbooks and related material, perform assigned practical, and participate in class discussions. Classes utilize audios, visual films, and slides to help students understand all lectures and procedures.
Practical Operations: To acquire hands-on experience, students perform their specialized skills on fellow peers, Jade salon clients, and mannequins.
* Please see our school catalog for more details informations