Misson statements and Objective:
INSTITUTION’S MISSION AND PURPOSES
Our schools mission and purposes is to provide quality instruction which will prepare students to pass the State Board of Cosmetology Examination for their course of study. Instruction is tailored to prepare all students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the exam, and to be ready for immediate entry into the profession.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
This course covers the overall subject of cosmetology, hair care, skin care, manicure and pedicure. Successful completion of this course and pass the State Board Examination and Licensure allow the Cosmetologist to be Hair stylists, Chemical Applications, Skin care technician, Manicure, and pedicure salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator services.
COSMETOLOGY COURSE EDUCATION OBJECTIVE
The cosmetology course of study is designed to provide students with the basic skills and knowledge required to pass the State Board licensing examination. Students are also prepared for entry level positions in the Beauty Industry in such occupations as a hair stylist, hair colorist, skin care technician, manicurist, pedicurist, nail artist, salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator.
Our Barbering Crossover for Cosmetology program features:
1. Haircut for Men: classic men haircuts, tight fade, low fade, tappers, and hair designs using scissors, clippers, and razors
2. Haircut for Women: short layers, long layers, bob cuts, designs using scissors, clippers, and razors
3. Chemicals: colors, highlights, corrective coloring, hair straightening for Asian, Hispanic, and Caucasian hair, and perms (short hair, long hair, beach wave perm)
4. Hairstyling: blow-drying, up-dos, braiding, wet set
5. Facial: facial, waxing, make-up, and tweezing
6. Nail care: pedicures, manicures, and artificial nail application (acrylic nail, nail designs)
7. Sanitization, Safety, and Customer Protection
8. State Board Rules and Regulations
9. Salon Management: salon service, retailing, add-on service, advertising, running businesses
10. Training for State Board of California License and Advance Salon Techniques
Course Length: 400 hours
Technical Instruction: Students are taught in a classroom setting with instructors demonstrating and lecturing. Students study textbooks and related material, perform assigned practical, and participate in class discussions. Classes utilize audios, visual films, and slides to help students understand all lectures and procedures.
Practical Operations: To acquire hands-on experience, students perform their specialized skills on fellow peers, Jade salon clients, and mannequins.
* Please see our school catalog for more details informations