Mission statements and Objective:
INSTITUTION’S MISSION AND PURPOSES
Our schools mission and purposes is to provide quality instruction which will prepare students to pass the State Board of Cosmetology Examination for their course of study. Instruction is tailored to prepare all students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the exam, and to be ready for immediate entry into the profession.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
This course covers the overall subject of preparatory lesson plans, practical operations conducting classroom, and supervision of student practice. Successful completion of this course allows, the licensed Cosmetologist and licensed Barber to perform all skill needed as a Cosmetology instructor or Barber instructor.
COSMETOLOGY OR BARBER INSTRUCTOR COURSE EDUCATION OBJECTIVE
The Cosmetology and Barber instructor course of study is designed to provide students with the basic skills and knowledge to become a qualify instructor. Students are also prepared for entry level positions in the Beauty Industry in such occupations as a Cosmetology instructor, Barber instructor, hair stylist, hair colorist, skin care technician, manicurist, pedicurist, nail artist, salon owner, salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator.
Our Beauty and Barber Instructor program features:
1. The Barbering and Cosmetology Act and Board’s Rules and Regulations
2. Preparatory Instruction:
(a) Instructional Techniques: lectures, demonstrations, performances, communication skills, and instructional aides
(b) Organization Techniques: includes objectives, teaching methods, and performance
© Lesson Planning: outlines, lesson objective, summary and review, visual aids
(d) Evaluation Techniques: purpose of tests, types of tests, scoring, grading, etc.
3. Conducting Classroom: Lectures, presentations, demonstrations for practical operations
4. Student Supervision: Supervising and training students who are practicing on clients and mannequins.
5. Salon Management: salon service, retailing, add-on service, advertising, running businesses
6. Training for State Board of California License and Advance Salon Techniques
Course Length: 600 hours
* Please see our school catalog for more details informations