Mission statements and Objective:
INSTITUTION’S MISSION AND PURPOSES
Our schools mission and purposes is to provide quality instruction which will prepare students to pass the State Board of Cosmetology Examination for their course of study. Instruction is tailored to prepare all students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the exam, and to be ready for immediate entry into the profession.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
This course covers the overall subject of skin care, hair removal, make-up, and eyelashes application. Successful completion of this course and pass the State Board Examination and Licensure allow the cosmetician to perform all skill needed as a skin care specialist, make-up artist, hair removal salon owner, salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator.
ESTHETICIAN COURSE EDUCATION OBJECTIVE
The skin care course of study is designed to provide students with the basic skills and knowledge required to pass the State Board licensing examination. Students are also prepared for entry level positions in the Beauty Industry in such occupations as a skin care technician, make– up artist, salon owner, salon manager, beauty product sales representative, and product demonstrator.
Our Skin Care program features:
1. Skin Analysis: The assessment of skin types using several methods
2. Manual Facials: Chemical and electronic methods are taught for each type of skin
3. Light Therapy: Using derma lights to treat various skin conditions
4. Hair Removal: waxing, tweezing, threading, and chemical methods
5. Exfoliation: chemical and mechanical
6. Make-up Application Techniques: daytime make-up, evening make-up, prom, wedding
7. Sanitization, Safety, and Customer Protection
8. State Board Rules and Regulations
9. Salon Management: salon service, retailing, add-on service, advertising, running businesses
10. Training for State Board of California License and Advance Salon Techniques
Course Length: 600 hours
Technical Instruction: Students are taught in a classroom setting with instructors demonstrating and lecturing. Students study textbooks and related material, perform assigned practical, and participate in class discussions. Classes utilize audios, visual films, and slides to help students understand all lectures and procedures.
Practical Operations: To acquire hands-on experience, students perform their specialized skills on fellow peers, Jade salon clients, and mannequins.
* Please see our school catalog for more details informations